OVERCOMING PROCRASTINATION AND WHY “CP TIME” IS NOT OK,
with author Eric M. Twiggs
Dr. Mwangaza Michael-Bandele interviews award winning speaker and author Eric M. Twiggs, who wrote The Discipline of Now. Mr. Twigg specializes in procrastination prevention and is host of “The 30-minute Hour” podcast. This lively discussion offers tips and strategies for preventing procrastination, and weighs in on the efficacy “CP Time” a concept of time well-known in Black communities.
• Procrastination CAUSES stress.
• When the student is ready, the teacher appears.
• The more you say yes, the more you’ll have stress.
• Create a system for preventing procrastination.
• [3:37] Twiggs explains what compelled him to write a book about procrastination.
• [10:33] The direct link between innovation and preparation is revealed.
• [11:17] Twiggs explains the “creativity matrix.”
• [13:43] Twiggs details how stress and procrastination are related.
• [15:32] How to know for sure if you are a bona fide procrastinator.
• [18:23] Dr. Michael-Bandele describes learning strategies in The Discipline of Now.
• [23:26] Twiggs details a fascinating study about sky divers that reveals why fear should never stop or
• [36:00] Twiggs explains how saying “no” can create more opportunities.
• [38:52] What is the “Procrastination Prevention Pyramid?”
• [44:04] Twiggs explains what it means to live a Blacknificent Life!
Eric M. Twiggs Procrastination Prevention Website: http://www.ericmtwiggs.com